From Sumit Nigam <sumit_o...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Current time from Hbase
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 03:59:31 GMT
Thank you James. Unfortunately, I am using 4.5.1 and moving up might take some time. In that
case, I assume creating a single column, single row table would be better?
Thanks again.
      From: James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>
 To: user <user@phoenix.apache.org>; Sumit Nigam <sumit_only@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Monday, October 5, 2015 9:20 AM
 Subject: Re: Current time from Hbase

In the latest Phoenix release (4.5.2), you can just do the following, as the FROM clause is
now optional:SELECT CURRENT_TIME()

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Sumit Nigam <sumit_only@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
How can I get the current time from Hbase?
I can use Phoenix function current_time(). One way would be to query this column against any
table as - SELECT CURRENT_TIME() AS TIME FROM TABL LIMIT 1; Or, I could possibly create a
single row, single column table and query against that table for current time.
Is there a better way than how I am describing it above?
Thanks,Sumit