From Steve Howard <stevedhow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix query server user authentication?
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 12:46:22 GMT
Hi Nick,

We actually did implement something rudimentary in test by simply adding a
constructor for the getConnection() method that accepted a username and
password as the argument.  This was passed to an InitialDirContext instance
that connected to Active Directory.  If this did not throw an exception,
then we know the username and password is good and can then call the
"normal" getConnection() method.

If there is interest, we can clean up/refactor where needed, add properties
configurable in the hbase config for:

* the authentication method chosen (phoenix.authentication.ldap as a
boolean)
* the location of the LDAP server, whichever is in use (phoenix.ldap.url)
* the template for the user DN ({0}@domainname.com).

Let me know if this sounds workable and we will do what is listed above.

Thanks,

Steve