From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Renaming a column in phoenix
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2015 18:20:33 GMT
There isn't a command available to rename or change the data type of a
column in Phoenix -- to do something like this, you need to drop a
column and then create a new column.

If you have existing data that you want to migrate, I would suggest
doing the following:
1. Create the new column (with the new name and possibly new type)
2. Run an UPSERT SELECT statement to copy/migrate data from the old
column to the new column
3. Drop the old column

- Gabriel