From James Heather <james.heat...@mendeley.com>
Subject Re: failing unit test in Phoenix source (master branch)
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 10:56:46 GMT
This looks like a bug in PMetaDataImpl to me. The test looks correct.

Table "b" should get evicted first, which creates enough space for "d".
But in fact "c" gets evicted first, and then "b" needs to be evicted as
well to make enough room.

I don't know if there's a race condition in here somewhere. It's odd
that no one has picked up on a failing test before, so I'm wondering
whether it succeeds in some environments. But it fails for me on both
Ubuntu and Fedora (both with 64-bit Java 8).

James

On 14/09/15 10:16, James Heather wrote:
> Does anyone else get a test failure when they build Phoenix?
>
> If I make a fresh clone of the repo, and then run mvn package, I get a
> test failure:

>     Test set: org.apache.phoenix.schema.PMetaDataImplTest

>     Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.027 sec <<<
FAILURE! - in org.apache.phoenix.schema.PMetaDataImplTest