From James Heather <james.heat...@mendeley.com>
Subject table descriptions gone awry
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 13:21:23 GMT
Eek. Any idea what's wrong here, or how to fix it?

Notice that the number of rows returned does increase when I add a
table, so I think the information is there, just not being
returned/displayed for some reason.

0: jdbc:phoenix:172.31.30.216> !describe performance_100000000
+------------------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|                TABLE_CAT                 |               TABLE_SCHEM        |
+------------------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|                                          |                                  |
|                                          |                                  |
|                                          |                                  |
|                                          |                                  |
|                                          |                                  |
|                                          |                                  |
|                                          |                                  |
+------------------------------------------+----------------------------------+
0: jdbc:phoenix:172.31.30.216> !tables
+------------------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|                TABLE_CAT                 |               TABLE_SCHEM        |
+------------------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|                                          | SYSTEM                           |
|                                          | SYSTEM                           |
|                                          | SYSTEM                           |
|                                          |                                  |
|                                          |                                  |
|                                          |                                  |
|                                          |                                  |
+------------------------------------------+----------------------------------+
0: jdbc:phoenix:172.31.30.216> create table test (id bigint(20) primary key, data bigint(20));
No rows affected (0.864 seconds)
[...]
0: jdbc:phoenix:172.31.30.216> !describe test
|                TABLE_CAT                 |               TABLE_SCHEM        |
0: jdbc:phoenix:172.31.30.216>