FYI,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-14123 introduces incremental backup/restore to HBase tables an is under active development.

-Vlad

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
Except that you have to snapshot EVERYTHING...

If you get SYSTEM.CATALOG, SYSTEM.SEQUENCE and your table, and you want to restore your table, then you will also restore those 2 system tables might brake the other tables that you have not snapshot nor restored...

Yes snapshot will work as mentioned by Yuhao , as we have done this during data center migration.