From jeremy p <athomewithagroove...@gmail.com>
Subject How to do true batch updates in Phoenix
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:40:05 GMT
Hello all,

I need to do true batch updates to a Phoenix table.  By this, I mean
sending a bunch of updates to HBase as part of a single request.  The HBase
API offers this behavior with the Table.put(List<Put> puts) method.  I
noticed PhoenixStatement exposes an executeBatch() method, however, this
method just executes the batched statements one-by-one.  This will not
deliver the performance that the HBase API exposes through their batch put
method.

What is the best way for me to do true batch updates to a Phoenix table?  I
need to do this programmatically, so I cannot use the command line bulk
insert utility.

--Jeremy