From Lukáš Lalinský <lalin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix 4.4+ on CDH
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2015 08:52:15 GMT
On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 1:26 AM, Ns G <nsgnsg84@gmail.com> wrote:

> But, what I can suggest is with minimal changes to the phoenix code you
> will be able to build & deploy phoenix on CDH 5.4.x version.
>
> I didn't try phoenix query server but I was able to generate all server
> and client jars and deploy on CDH 5.4. And use it successfully.

I'm curious about this, because when I tried to run Phoenix on CDH I ran
into some compatibility issues. I don't remember the details, but it was
about HBase classes not having the right methods. That's when I realized
CDH is really a fork of Hadoop and I switched to deploying custom packages
based on the original versions.

Did you have to do anything special, or just use the Phoenix binary tarball?

Lukas