From Nicholas Whitehead <whitehead.nicho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mismatched output with 2 UDFs in a query
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 23:44:59 GMT
Hmm... I opened a jira ticket on that, but then my simplified test case
could not reproduce.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2151?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

Look the same ?
Hi,

I'm using v4.4.0. I'm getting mismatched output when I use two UDFs in a
query.

Phoenix view of existing HBase table: *create view "mytable" (pk VARBINARY
PRIMARY KEY, "cf"."col" UNSIGNED_LONG);*
UDF1: *create function udf1(VARBINARY) returns UNSIGNED_LONG as
'mypkg.GetX';*
UDF2: *create function udf2(VARBINARY) returns INTEGER as 'mypkg.GetY';*
Query1: *select udf1(pk), udf2(pk) from "mytable";*
Query2: *select udf2(pk), udf1(pk) from "mytable";*
Query3: *select udf1(pk), "col" from "mytable" where udf2(pk) > 0;*

Query 1: The output has two columns, but they're both udf1(pk) so both
columns have the same rows in the output.
Query 2: Same as Query 1, except that both columns are udf2(pk).
Query 3: The output has two columns, udf2(pk) and "col", instead of
udf1(pk) and "col".

If I have just one UDF in a query, like so: *select pk, udf2(pk) from
"mytable";*
then the output is as expected.

I'm not sure what I'm missing. Rajeshbabu, is there a caveat associated
with using two UDFs in one query? I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Anchal