From Pariksheet Barapatre <pbarapa...@gmail.com>
Subject Phoenix Pig integration
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 07:12:30 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to run Pig script on Phoenix table.

I am using same example given in documentation.

CREATE TABLE HIRES( CLIENTID INTEGER NOT NULL, EMPID INTEGER NOT NULL,
NAME VARCHAR CONSTRAINT pk PRIMARY KEY(CLIENTID,EMPID));

raw = LOAD 'hbase://table/HIRES USING
org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseLoader('localhost')';
grpd = GROUP raw BY CLIENTID;
cnt = FOREACH grpd GENERATE group AS CLIENT,COUNT(raw);
DUMP cnt;

The code above works without any issue, but if I CREATE HIRES tables with
SALTs script failed with QueryParse.Error.

Is there any limitation of Pig integration with SALTED table.

Cheers,
Pari