From Ns G <nsgns...@gmail.com>
Subject reg: Querying using columns from system.catalog
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 02:08:04 GMT
Hi All,

I want to query a table after finding all the columns for a table that
belong to a column family from system catalog.

I have written the below query

SELECT 'SELECT ' ||
ARRAY_TO_STRING(ARRAY(SELECT COLUMN_NAME::VARCHAR(50)
FROM SYSTEM.CATALOG
WHERE TABLE_SCHEM ='SCM_262' AND COLUMN_FAMILY LIKE a%
), ', ') || ' FROM SCM_262.ELEMENT';

I get error
"Error Code: 602, SQL State: 42P00]  ERROR 602 (42P00): Syntax error.
Missing "LPAREN" at line 1, column 8"

my actual requirement is that, columns are inserted dynamically and based
on certain conditions, I need to copy all values of columns that belong to
column family that begin with 'a' should be copied to other row of the
table.

Thanks for your help!

Satya