From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to check index's status?
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 03:49:24 GMT
Other than upgrading, my advice would be:
- set your time outs very high when rebuilding your index to prevent time
outs (phoenix.query.timeoutMs on the client side and
hbase.regionserver.lease.period on the server side).
- query the system table (either SYSTEM."TABLE" or SYSTEM.CATALOG) to check
on the status of an index:
SELECT index_state FROM SYSTEM."TABLE" WHERE tenant_id is null AND
table_schem=<your table schema> AND table_name=<your table name>

Not sure if tenant_id was defined before or after 2.2.3, but just remove
that clause if it's not defined.

Thanks,
James