From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix Sql diff tool
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2015 00:47:58 GMT
I'd suspect that a SQL-based tool that diffs metadata could be driven from
the DatabaseMetadata APIs[1], which Phoenix supports. It doesn't sound like
that's the case for the one you mentioned, but perhaps there are others
that work this way? One "poor mans" way to get this would be to set sqlline
to output as CSV, then do a !describe <table name> against two tables and
diff the CSV files.

Thanks,
James

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html