From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting up community repo of Phoenix for CDH5?
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 19:50:15 GMT
Yes I am interested. Assuming CDH artifacts are publicly available in a Maven repo somewhere,
which I believe is the case, perhaps we (the Phoenix project/community) could set up a Jenkins
job that builds against them and makes the resulting build artifacts available. They would
never be an official release, just a best effort convenience. Would that work? I think little
must be done besides compile against the CDH artifacts for binary compatibility.

> On Aug 28, 2015, at 11:19 AM, James Heather <james.heather@mendeley.com> wrote:
>
> Is anyone interested in helping with getting an up-to-date CDH5-compatible build of Phoenix
up and running?

> Cloudera has a build of Phoenix 4.3 (https://github.com/cloudera-labs/phoenix), but this
is now two versions behind, and there seems little desire at Cloudera to keep it updated.

> I imagine that by looking at the differences between vanilla 4.3 and cloudera labs 4.3,
and with some guidance from this list, we could get a good idea of what would need to be modified
in 4.5+ and keep a CDH5-compatible build up to date.