Hi Riccardo,

For saving arrays, you can use the plain old scala Array type. You can see the tests for an example:
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-spark/src/it/scala/org/apache/phoenix/spark/PhoenixSparkIT.scala#L408-L427

Note that saving arrays is only supported in Phoenix 4.5.0, although the patch is quite small if you need to apply it yourself:

Good luck!

Josh