From Sergey Malov <sma...@collective.com>
Subject Re: create a view on existing production table ?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 23:05:37 GMT
Thanks for your replies, guys.
I’m trying to understand that dynamic column feature, not sure how to apply it in my case.
Let’s look at the concrete example : suppose I have an existing Hbase table “X", which
has only one column family “A”. Each record has either one or two or three columns with
qualifiers “A1”,”A2”, or “A3”, I.e. some records has only one column A.A1, or
A.A2, or A.A3, some just two, some all three.
How can I create a view using dynamic columns that I can query later ?

Thank you,
Sergey Malov

From: anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com<mailto:anilgupta84@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, June 26, 2015 at 18:28
To: "user@phoenix.apache.org<mailto:user@phoenix.apache.org>" <user@phoenix.apache.org<mailto:user@phoenix.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: create a view on existing production table ?

Hi Sergey,

Since you have hundreds of thousand of columns. You can query your data by using dynamic columns
features of phoenix. In this way, you wont need to predefine 100's of thousands of columns.

Thanks,
Anil Gupta

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:34 AM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org<mailto:jamestaylor@apache.org>>