From Peeranat Fupongsiripan <peerana...@gmail.com>
Subject load data into multiple Phoenix tables using one mapper
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2015 17:46:56 GMT
Hi there,

I'm new to Phoenix and wondering if it's possible to load data using
Phoenix map/reduce into multiple tables in one mapper.

I looked at an example in this link:
https://phoenix.apache.org/phoenix_mr.html. It outputs the data into one
Phoenix table which is "STOCK_STATS" using
PhoenixMapReduceUtil.setOutput(job, "STOCK_STATS",
"STOCK_NAME,MAX_RECORDING");

In my use case, I want to read data into a mapper and output it to a table
say "COMPANY" and within the same mapper I want to output data to another
table as well say, "COMPANY_EMPLOYEE". This can be done using 2 jobs but
it's expensive because i have to read data twice.

is there a solution to this use case?

thanks
Peeranat F.