From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix exception with CDH 5.4.4
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2015 09:59:41 GMT
HBase in CDH 5.4.x has switched to the Apache incubator namespace of the
HTrace library. Phoenix driver appears to still use the older one, which
may be absent in the pulled dependencies via the "hbase-client" dependency.

Including an explicit entry in your build
for org.htrace:htrace-core:jar:3.0.4 should resolve your issue. This should
be fixed in a future release of Phoenix labs, when the dependency switches
to the newer library.

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 4:30 AM Alex Kamil <alex.kamil@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks Jean-Marc, but we don't use Cloudera manager
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>
>> Have you looked at those 2 links?
>>

>>    -
>>

>>    http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/05/apache-phoenix-joins-cloudera-labs/
>>    -
>>    http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/developers/home/cloudera-labs/apache-phoenix/install-apache-phoenix-cloudera-labs.pdf
>>
>> Seems more recent that the one you are looking at. I'm suspecting you are
>> using an old Phoenix Parcel...
>>

>> JMS

>>> cross-posting here

>>> at
>>> org.apache.phoenix.trace.util.Tracing$Frequency.<clinit>(Tracing.java:71)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.phoenix.query.QueryServicesOptions.<clinit>(QueryServicesOptions.java:154)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.phoenix.query.QueryServicesImpl.<init>(QueryServicesImpl.java:36)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:112)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getConnectionQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:145)
>>> at