From Maryann Xue <maryann....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could not find hash cache for joinId
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 14:57:30 GMT
Hi Alex,

I suspect it's related to using cached region locations that might have
been invalid. A simple way to verify this is try starting a new java
process doing this query and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks,
Maryann

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 10:56 PM, Maryann Xue <maryann.xue@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the details, Alex! That might be a bug if it failed only
> on cluster and increasing cache alive time didn't not help. Would you mind
> testing it out for me if I provide a simple patch tomorrow?
>

> Thanks,
> Maryann
>
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:09 PM, Alex Kamil <alex.kamil@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> one more thing - the same query (via tenant connection) works in
>> standalone mode but fails on a cluster.
>> I've tried modifying phoenix.coprocessor.maxServerCacheTimeToLiveMs
>> <https://phoenix.apache.org/tuning.html> from the default 30000(ms) to
>> 300000 with no effect
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 7:35 PM, Alex Kamil <alex.kamil@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> also pls note that it only fails with tenant-specific connections

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DoNotRetryIOException: Could not find hash cache for joinId: ???Z