From Martin Pernollet <mpernol...@octo.com>
Subject Re: Can't UPSERT into a VIEW?
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 11:08:10 GMT
Hi and thanks again James.

It is a small table (100k rows, 1650 cols splitted in 2 column families,
one with 50 cols, the other with 1600 cols). Running on a 5 nodes cluster.

*I don't understand the purpose of computing another rowkey at table
creation**, as the table already contains keys?* Is CREATE TABLE
moving/copying all the col:value of a row into another row with
phoenix-generated row key? When looking at my table row keys after calling
CREATE TABLE, the row keys remain unchanged (a random UUID).

In my case, after a long time (more than 10 minutes) the CREATE TABLE
statement ends with PhoenixIOException "Failed after attemps=35". Stack
says RpcRetryingCaller failed after "Connection refused" on various nodes
(but not all). And it provide no spent time report as usually indicated by
phoenix.
Despite this error, the table is available for queries afterward.

*Is it normal to spent such a long time to map the table? *

Thank you