From Nishant Patel <nishant.k.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase and Phoenix Performance improvement
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:03:26 GMT
HI Puneet/Martin,

Thanks for your response. Please see my answer as below.

I have not specified any salt bucket. I have created Phoenix View on
existing Hbase Table. Can I specify Salt bucket for Phoenix View?

After loading Hbase data I alter table to use SNAPPY Compression. Are you
talking about any other compression?

I have set hbase.client.scanner.caching to 500. I tried with 1000 also but
did not see any performance improvement.

I am not using with production system. I have inserted data once and not
deleting so there should not be problem. There is no load on Hbase servers
as I am just reading data right now.

Sample query is as below.

Select column5,count(1) ttr from table where column1='column1' and
column2='column2' and date>='20150504' and date<='20150704' group by
column5.

I am doing scan based on where condition. Column1, column2 and date is part
of my rowkey so it should not perform complete table scan. My rowkey design
is as below

column1|column2|date|unique_identifier

Regards,
Nishant