From Krishna <research...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Importing existing HBase table's rowkey
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 23:04:54 GMT
You can map HBase composite row key to Phoenix primary key only if
serialization used for HBase matches with Phoenix. Ex: leading 1 byte for
bucket, 0-byte char for separating columns, etc.

If you used a different mechanism to serialize rowkey in HBase, you can
still map it Phoenix table but declare PK as VARBINARY and see if you can
create a UDF to separate columns.