From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: StaleRegionBoundaryCacheException
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:57:15 GMT
This exception means that the region boundary cache kept on the client is
out of sync with the actual region boundaries on the HBase table. When this
occurs, the query is retried once (after invalidating the cache). If it
happens a second time, the exception is thrown to the client.

What version of Phoenix and HBase are you using? If you run the query a
second time, do you continue to see this error? Is the table being heavily
written to you when you execute the count(*) query?

Thanks,
James