From Michael McAllister <mmcallis...@homeaway.com>
Subject Delete statement reports row deleted when no rows deleted
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 15:21:58 GMT
All

We have just noticed that when you issue the same delete statement twice, the delete statement
reports rows deleted the second time, when there are in fact no rows available to delete.

I have created a test case and attached it with a log of the results I am seeing. Note specifically
in the attached log:-

Line 33 - first delete
Line 39 - shows delete was successful as count(*) returns no rows for the key deleted.
Line 53 - second delete reports 1 row affected

Michael McAllister
Staff Data Warehouse Engineer | Decision Systems
mmcallister@HomeAway.com<mailto:mmcallister@HomeAway.com> | C: 512.423.7447 | skype:
michael.mcallister.ha<mailto:zimmkate@hotmail.com> | webex: https://h.a/mikewebex