From "Riesland, Zack" <Zack.Riesl...@sensus.com>
Subject RE: Help w/ connection issue
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 11:11:26 GMT
Thanks Gabriel,

That did the trick!

From: Gabriel Reid [mailto:gabriel.reid@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2015 6:41 AM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help w/ connection issue

Are you supplying the -z parameter with the ZooKeeper quorum? This will be necessary if ZooKeeper
isn't running on the localhost and/or isn't configured in the local configuration (see http://phoenix.apache.org/bulk_dataload.html).

- Gabriel

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 12:08 PM Riesland, Zack <Zack.Riesland@sensus.com<mailto:Zack.Riesland@sensus.com>>
wrote:
Hello,

I’m attempting to use the CsvBulkLoader tool from a new edge node.

This edge node is not a data node or region server node on our cluster.

It is intended to be used for running scripts and interacting with the cluster nodes.

I manually installed all the phoenix files (I copied usr/hdp/2.2.0.0-2041/phoenix from another
server where everything works and created the sym links under /usr/hdp/current), but when
I try to run the command, I get an error that says:

WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection
and attempting reconnect
Java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
   at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnection(Native Method)
  …
   at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)

Any help?

Thanks!