From Puneet Kumar Ojha <puneet.ku...@pubmatic.com>
Subject RE: Hbase and Phoenix Performance improvement
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 07:12:07 GMT
·         Need to know the salt buckets you have created.

·         Compression Used or Not.

·         Number Set for returning result ..it should be increased.

·         Keep deleted cells should be false. If you delete records then it slows the response
time.

Please provide the query which you have used along with the schema you used to create the
table. I may help to optimize that.

Thanks
Puneet.

From: Nishant Patel [mailto:nishant.k.patel@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 10:26 AM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Hbase and Phoenix Performance improvement

Hi,
I am trying to measure performance for Hbase and Phoenix.
I have generated 1000 records per day with combination of Column1 and Column2.
I have created 5 different combination for column1 and column2 and created data for 365 days.
Total records I have generated 5 * 5 * 365 * 1000 = 9125000
I am writing 75+ qualifiers in one Column Family for each record.

Rowkey Design is as below : column1|column2|date(yyyyMMdd)|unique identifier. I have used
one byte character as rowkey separator. I have create view in Phoenix on top of Hbase table.
My all queries contain column1 , column2 and date as filter condition.
If date range is less than 1 month I get response in less than 1 second. if date range is
3/6/12 months then response comes in seconds. Sometime it takes 25+ seconds for 12 months
range.
My question is, is it possible to get response in phoenix in less than 1 second for amount
of data I have specified. If yes what kind of tuning need to be done? As of now I have not
done any changes at Hbase and Phoenix except proper rowkey design.
I am trying to verify whether phoenix will suit our requirement or not.
Nishant