From Anchal Agrawal <anc...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Importing existing HBase table's rowkey
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 01:15:06 GMT
Hi James,
The long value isn't serialized that way. There's some internal serialization logic in the
rowkey, so I'm writing a UDF to extract the long value. I looked at your tutorial for writing
UDFs, and I'm also reading up various Phoenix functions here.
Quick question - if I'm using v4.4.0, do I need to include the UDF in the Phoenix jar? JIRA
[PHOENIX-538] says that the fix version is 5.0.0 but the Phoenix UDF page says that v4.4.0
supports UDFs with the CREATE FUNCTION query.
Thank you,Anchal