From Anchal Agrawal <anc...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException for UDF class
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 19:43:12 GMT
Hi James and Rajeshbabu,
Thank you for your replies. My hbase-site confs are being picked up, I have confirmed it by
deliberately misconfiguring one of the properties.
Rajeshbabu, instead of HDFS, I have a custom NFS setup for which I have specified the fs.nfs.impl
property in hbase-site. I've put the UDF jar in this NFS setup, and also in the directory
specified in the hbase.dynamic.jars.dir property. I've been using the same setup and confs
with Pig and it works. I want to use Phoenix because it is significantly faster for my use
cases.
I'm still getting the same ClassNotFoundException for the UDF class. I've tried putting the
UDF jar in multiple places, and as recommended by James, only the UDF class is in the jar.
The UDF class dependencies are included in the classpath. Does Phoenix look for HDFS explicitly
or does it just look at the fs.some_fs.impl property? The latter shouldn't be a problem for
my setup. Does Phoenix write logs to HDFS? If it does, I can test whether it is able to find
my NFS setup or not.

Related question: Is putting the UDF jar in the local filesystem not supported by Phoenix?
Sincerely,Anchal

     On Monday, July 27, 2015 4:59 AM, "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <chrajeshbabu32@gmail.com>