Prasanth,

To help us answer you better please let us know your table schema. Also what does EXPLAIN select * from <phoenix_table_name> limit 1000; tell you?

-Samarth

On Friday, May 15, 2015, Chagarlamudi, Prasanth <prasanth.chagarlamudi@epsilon.com> wrote:
Hello,
I would appreciate if someone could help with my question regarding pheonix's functionality.

        Created a phoenix table and inserted 100,000 records(assume these are spread across different regions region servers).
        Now, when I issue a select query with a limit n..something like this
                select * from <phoenix_table_name> limit 1000;
        What would be phoenix's behavior?
                -Does it read the all the data(from all the region servers) on side server side, then apply limit to dataset and send the 1000 records to the client?
                or
                -Does it bring all the data set to the client and then apply the limit?

Thanks in advance
Prasanth Chagarlamudi

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail, and destroy the original message. Thank You.