From Alex Bedley <aeoli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix Connection Timeout
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 21:02:16 GMT
Hey Nick, Sergey,

Thanks for taking a look. It was just going through a really really long
HBase connection retry loop (20+ minutes!). However, even setting the
retries and delays to 0 in the hbase-site.xml, the connection still takes
about 3 minutes to timeout. Now I'm wondering if there is a way to fail
more quickly, or to put a total timeout limit on the connection attempt?
Would this involve creating a jira ticket against Phoenix?

My hbase-site.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.client.retries.number</name>
    <value>0</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.client.pause</name>
    <value>0</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>zookeeper.recovery.retry</name>
    <value>0</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>zookeeper.recovery.retry.intervalmill</name>
    <value>0</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

- Alex