phoenix-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix Array Type Null Element
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 14:57:18 GMT
Note that for an array of primitive types (double, float, BIGINT, integer,
smallint, tinyint), we don't support inserting null as an array element.

On Thursday, May 7, 2015, Vasudevan, Ramkrishna S <
ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@intel.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for the detailed update, Kathir.
>
>
>
> *From:* Kathiresan S [mailto:kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com');>]
> *Sent:* Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:50 PM
> *To:* user@phoenix.apache.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','user@phoenix.apache.org');>
> *Subject:* Re: Phoenix Array Type Null Element
>
>
>
> FYI - the version of code i used for bigint array and double array testing
> is (4.4.0-HBase-0.98-rc0 + Patch from
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1949 ). Now, the varchar
> array works fine after applying the patch.
>
>
>
> And regarding Double array null elements being returned as 0.0, is it
> intended? We expect null from PhoenixArray object, when we go though the
> elements list in it.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kathir
>
>
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Vasudevan, Ramkrishna S <
> ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@intel.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@intel.com');>> wrote:
>
>  Thanks for the info. The NPE cases that was happening may get solved
> with the patch that I had attached.
>
>
>
> But for the BIGINT case we need to see the reason.
>
>
>
> Regards
>
> Ram
>
>
>
> *From:* Kathiresan S [mailto:kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com');>]
> *Sent:* Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:24 PM
>
>
> *To:* user@phoenix.apache.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','user@phoenix.apache.org');>
> *Subject:* Re: Phoenix Array Type Null Element
>
>
>
> Yes Ram, i get below issues
>
>
>
> *BIGINT ARRAY*
>
>
>
> CREATE TABLE BIARRAYNULLTEST1 (ID VARCHAR, SALES BIGINT ARRAY CONSTRAINT
> PK PRIMARY KEY (ID))
>
>
>
> Hbase>UPSERT INTO BIARRAYNULLTEST1 (ID, SALES)
> VALUES('123',ARRAY[1,2,null])
>
> org.apache.phoenix.schema.TypeMismatchException: ERROR 203 (22005): Type
> mismatch. INTEGER and DECIMAL for -1.010E+126
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.schema.TypeMismatchException.newException(TypeMismatchException.java:53)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.expression.LiteralExpression.newConstant(LiteralExpression.java:171)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.expression.LiteralExpression.newConstant(LiteralExpression.java:143)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.expression.LiteralExpression.newConstant(LiteralExpression.java:135)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.compile.ExpressionCompiler.visitLeave(ExpressionCompiler.java:1561)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.compile.ExpressionCompiler.visitLeave(ExpressionCompiler.java:141)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.parse.ArrayConstructorNode.accept(ArrayConstructorNode.java:43)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.compile.UpsertCompiler.compile(UpsertCompiler.java:733)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$ExecutableUpsertStatement.compilePlan(PhoenixStatement.java:525)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$ExecutableUpsertStatement.compilePlan(PhoenixStatement.java:513)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$2.call(PhoenixStatement.java:299)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$2.call(PhoenixStatement.java:292)
>
> at org.apache.phoenix.call.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:53)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement.executeMutation(PhoenixStatement.java:290)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement.execute(PhoenixStatement.java:222)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixPreparedStatement.execute(PhoenixPreparedStatement.java:173)
>
> at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixPreparedStatement.execute(PhoenixPreparedStatement.java:178)
>
>
>
> Any problem with the syntax above for upsert of bigint array?
>
>
>
> *DOUBLE ARRAY*
>
>
>
> I'm getting back 0.0 instead of null references from the array when i do a
> select
>
>
>
> CREATE TABLE DBLARRAYNULLTEST (ID VARCHAR, AMOUNTS DOUBLE ARRAY CONSTRAINT
> PK PRIMARY KEY(ID))
>
>
>
> UPSERT INTO DBLARRAYNULLTEST(ID,AMOUNTS) VALUES('123',ARRAY[1.0,null,2.0])
>
> SELECT * FROM DBLARRAYNULLTEST
>
> 123|[1.0, 0.0, 2.0]
>
>
>
> UPSERT INTO DBLARRAYNULLTEST(ID,AMOUNTS) VALUES('123',ARRAY[null,1.0,2.0])
>
> SELECT * FROM DBLARRAYNULLTEST
>
> 123|[0.0, 1.0, 2.0]
>
>
>
> Also, we are planning to use TIMESTAMP array with possible null values in
> it. I'll test that as well and will let you know.
>
>
>
> Below are the critical ones for us that should accept null values
>
>
>
> VARCHAR ARRAY (*You have fixed this yesterday*)
>
> BIGINT ARRAY
>
> DOUBLE ARRAY
>
> TIMESTAMP ARRAY
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kathir
>
>
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 2:47 AM, Vasudevan, Ramkrishna S <
> ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@intel.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@intel.com');>> wrote:
>
>  Hi Kathir
>
>
>
> Ideally nulls should work with all the ARRAY types.  Do you find any
> issues in the behavior of these ARRAY data types when you use ‘nulls’?
>
>
>
> Regards
>
> Ram
>
>
>
> *From:* Kathiresan S [mailto:kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com');>]
> *Sent:* Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:59 PM
> *To:* user@phoenix.apache.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','user@phoenix.apache.org');>
> *Subject:* Re: Phoenix Array Type Null Element
>
>
>
> What are the other Array base data types (like VARCHAR), that could take
> null values?
>
>
>
> Do the below data types allow NULL as well?
>
>
>
> BIGINT ARRAY, DOUBLE ARRAY, DATE ARRAY, VARBINARY ARRAY
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kathir
>
>
>
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 6:35 AM, Kathiresan S <kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>  Thanks Ram.
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kathir
>
>
>
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 1:56 AM, Vasudevan, Ramkrishna S <
> ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@intel.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@intel.com');>> wrote:
>
>  I raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1949 for fixing
> this.
>
>
>
> *From:* Vasudevan, Ramkrishna S [mailto:ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@intel.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@intel.com');>]
> *Sent:* Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:21 AM
> *To:* user@phoenix.apache.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','user@phoenix.apache.org');>
> *Subject:* RE: Phoenix Array Type Null Element
>
>
>
> Ideally varchar array should support NULL. This seems to be a bug.  Can
> you file a JIRA for this?
>
> I can come up with a patch ASAP.
>
>
>
> Regards
>
> Ram
>
>
>
> *From:* Kathiresan S [mailto:kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com');>]
> *Sent:* Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:23 PM
> *To:* user@phoenix.apache.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','user@phoenix.apache.org');>
> *Subject:* Phoenix Array Type Null Element
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
> Is it possible to insert null elements in an array type column?
>
>
>
> CREATE TABLE ARRAYTEST124 (ID VARCHAR, NAME VARCHAR ARRAY CONSTRAINT PK
> PRIMARY KEY(ID))
>
>
>
> UPSERT INTO ARRAYTEST124 (ID, NAME) VALUES('123',ARRAY['ABC','XYZ',null])
>
> UPSERT INTO ARRAYTEST124 (ID, NAME) VALUES('123',ARRAY['ABC',null,'XYZ'])
>
> UPSERT INTO ARRAYTEST124 (ID, NAME) VALUES('123',ARRAY[null,'ABC','XYZ'])
>
>
>
> I'm using phoenix 4.4.0-HBase-0.98-rc0
>
>
>
> I'm getting a null pointer exception, while trying to do the above upserts
>
>
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.schema.types.PVarchar.toObject(PVarchar.java:62)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.schema.types.PDataType.toObject(PDataType.java:979)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.schema.types.PDataType.toObject(PDataType.java:992)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.compile.ExpressionCompiler.visitLeave(ExpressionCompiler.java:1275)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.compile.ExpressionCompiler.visitLeave(ExpressionCompiler.java:142)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.parse.ArrayConstructorNode.accept(ArrayConstructorNode.java:43)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.compile.UpsertCompiler.compile(UpsertCompiler.java:733)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$ExecutableUpsertStatement.compilePlan(PhoenixStatement.java:525)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$ExecutableUpsertStatement.compilePlan(PhoenixStatement.java:513)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$2.call(PhoenixStatement.java:299)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$2.call(PhoenixStatement.java:292)
>
>             at org.apache.phoenix.call.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:53)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement.executeMutation(PhoenixStatement.java:290)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement.execute(PhoenixStatement.java:222)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixPreparedStatement.execute(PhoenixPreparedStatement.java:173)
>
>             at
> org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixPreparedStatement.execute(PhoenixPreparedStatement.java:178)
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kathir
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message