From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix's behavior when applying limit to the query
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 18:59:48 GMT
I don't think so (but the 4.0.0 incubating release was about 1 year ago).
Thanks,
James

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Chagarlamudi, Prasanth
<prasanth.chagarlamudi@epsilon.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your response James. One last question, this behavior shouldn't be any
different on 4.0.0-incubating version right?(We are currently using this version).

> Thanks
> Prasanth Chagarlamudi

on the server side for each parallel scan being done (using a PageFilter) and then also apply
a limit on the client side returning only the first 1000 rows.

> Thanks,
> James
>
> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Chagarlamudi, Prasanth <prasanth.chagarlamudi@epsilon.com>
wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I would appreciate if someone could help with my question regarding pheonix's functionality.
>>
>>         Created a phoenix table and inserted 100,000 records(assume these are spread
across different regions).
>>         Now, when I issue a select query with a limit n..something like this
>>                 select * from <phoenix_table_name> limit 1000;
>>         What would be phoenix's behavior?
>>                 -Does it read the all the data(from all the region servers) on side
server side, then apply limit to dataset and send the 1000 records to the client?
>>                 or
>>                 -Does it bring all the data set to the client and then apply the
limit?

>> Thanks in advance
>> Prasanth Chagarlamudi

>> This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.