From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to setup unittests to query phoenix test db but getting UnsupportedOperationException
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 16:27:13 GMT
Hello,
A query like the following:
               select * from <phoenix_table_name> limit 1000;
will apply a limit on the server side for each parallel scan being
done (using a PageFilter) and then also apply a limit on the client
side returning only the first 1000 rows.

Thanks,
James

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Chagarlamudi, Prasanth
<prasanth.chagarlamudi@epsilon.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I would appreciate if someone could help with my question regarding pheonix's functionality.
>
>         Created a phoenix table and inserted 100,000 records(assume these are spread
across different regions).
>         Now, when I issue a select query with a limit n..something like this
>                 select * from <phoenix_table_name> limit 1000;
>         What would be phoenix's behavior?
>                 -Does it read the all the data(from all the region servers) on side server
side, then apply limit to dataset and send the 1000 records to the client?
>                 or
>                 -Does it bring all the data set to the client and then apply the limit?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Prasanth Chagarlamudi

> This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.