From Ron van der Vegt <ron.van.der.v...@openindex.io>
Subject Trying to setup unittests to query phoenix test db but getting UnsupportedOperationException
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 12:41:07 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm currently developing an Rest API which should query a phoenix table,
and return it in JSON. Currently have no issues with building this API,
but it would be really nice if I could write unittests with dummy data
to test our created API calls.

I was getting into the right direction, I hope, by extending the
BaseConnectionlessQueryTest class and setup a test database:

String ddl = "CREATE TABLE test (id VARCHAR not null primary key,
test_value CHAR(16)";
createTestTable(getUrl(), ddl, (byte[][]) null, (Long) null);

And it looks like I could also upsert some data:

Properties props = new Properties();
PhoenixConnection conn =
(PhoenixConnection)DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:phoenix:none;test=true",
props);
PreparedStatement statement = conn.prepareStatement("UPSERT INTO
test(id) VALUES ('meh')");
statement.execute();

But when I want to select data:

PreparedStatement statement = conn.prepareStatement("SELECT * FROM test");
ResultSet rs = statement.executeQuery();
while (rs.next()) {
   System.out.println(rs.getString("ID"));
}

I am get an UnsupportedOperationException. Could someone please explain
to me what I'm doing wrong, or that my use case is possible somehow?

Thanks in advice!

Ron