Hi Ralph,

Now that we have implemented (on master) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1580 and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1807, I think you should be able to enable your multiple index use case, which actually looks great to us. And please let us know if there are other problems.

For the AND logic, you still need to use multiple subqueries connected by AND, like I mentioned before:

SELECT * FROM t WHERE pk IN (SELECT pk from t where q1 = ?) AND pk IN (SELECT pk from t where q2 = ?);

And for the OR logic, you can now use UNION ALL in your subquery connecting those "or" conditions. For example:

SELECT * FROM t WHERE pk IN (SELECT pk from t where q1 = ? UNION ALL SELECT pk from t where q2 = ?);

Thanks,
Maryann