From Samarth Jain <samarth.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Socket timeout while counting number of rows of a table
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 18:27:07 GMT
Looking at the exception java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException:
org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException: Failed after attempts=36,
exceptions:

Thu Apr 09 16:49:33 CEST 2015, null,
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: callTimeout=60000, callDuration=62366

it looks like it is *not* coming from the Phoenix phoenix.query.timeoutMs
setting. You would need to do two things:

1) Update hbase.rpc.timeout : 1200000 in client side hbase-site.xml

2) Make sure the class path you are using on the client side to connect to
the hbase cluster is picking up hbase-site.xml. Otherwise your overrides
won't work.