From "Thomas D'Silva" <tdsi...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: understanding phoenix code flow
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 18:28:58 GMT
Ashish,

If you want to step through server side code you can enable remote
debugging in hbase-env.sh. I have used this with standalone mode.

# Enable remote JDWP debugging of major HBase processes. Meant for
Core Developers
# export HBASE_MASTER_OPTS="$HBASE_MASTER_OPTS -Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8070"
# export HBASE_REGIONSERVER_OPTS="$HBASE_REGIONSERVER_OPTS -Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8071"
# export HBASE_THRIFT_OPTS="$HBASE_THRIFT_OPTS -Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8072"
# export HBASE_ZOOKEEPER_OPTS="$HBASE_ZOOKEEPER_OPTS -Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8073"

There are a few existing JIRAs related to transactions PHOENIX-400,
PHOENIX-1674, maybe you could describe your ideas there?

Thanks,
Thomas