From Flavio Pompermaier <pomperma...@okkam.it>
Subject ScanningResultIterator resiliency
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 07:21:27 GMT
Hi to all,

when running a mr job on my Phoenix table I get this exception:

Caused by: org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException: 299364ms passed
since the last invocation, timeout is currently set to 60000
at
org.apache.phoenix.util.ServerUtil.parseServerException(ServerUtil.java:108)
at
org.apache.phoenix.iterate.ScanningResultIterator.next(ScanningResultIterator.java:52)
at
org.apache.phoenix.iterate.TableResultIterator.next(TableResultIterator.java:104)
at
org.apache.phoenix.iterate.LookAheadResultIterator$1.advance(LookAheadResultIterator.java:47)
at
org.apache.phoenix.iterate.LookAheadResultIterator.next(LookAheadResultIterator.java:67)
at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixResultSet.next(PhoenixResultSet.java:764)
at
org.apache.phoenix.mapreduce.PhoenixRecordReader.nextKeyValue(PhoenixRecordReader.java:131)

This is due to a long interval between two consecutive next() on the scan
results.
However this error is not a problematic one, it just tells the client that
the server has closed that scanner instance so it could be fixed
regenerating a new scan restarting from the last valid key (obviousli on
next() you should track the last valid key if successful).
What do you think?

Best,
Flavio