From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix version
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 06:49:55 GMT
Any improvement on the situation with your cluster, Ralph?

I don't have a specific recommendation for you specific to HBase
0.98.4. In general, Phoenix improves with each release, so the later
the better IMHO. The same would likely be said in the HBase community.
I can share the combinations of versions and features we use at
Salesforce (we're not currently using local indexes), and perhaps
other users can do the same for configurations they're using.

FWIW, we don't test each combination of HBase with each combination of
Phoenix - that wouldn't be feasible given our limited resources. We
have recently open sourced a very nice framework called Pherf[1] which
you can use to do performance and functional verification at scale.
The hope is that others in the community use this tool and share
results so we all learn better what works well and what needs to be
improved.

Thanks,
James

[1] http://phoenix.apache.org/pherf.html