From Billy Watson <williamrwat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Querying pre existing HBase table
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 23:28:33 GMT
Just to not steer you in the wrong direction, you do have to create a
table, but you do not have to tell phoenix every column you're going to
query on as of Phoenix 1.2.

http://phoenix.apache.org/dynamic_columns.html

So yes, phoenix needs to know the types, but it doesn't have to know them
up front, FWIW. I'm not sure of your exact use case, obviously.

William Watson
Software Engineer
(904) 705-7056 PCS