From Matthew Johnson <matt.john...@algomi.com>
Subject RE: Timezones in Phoenix
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:39:33 GMT
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the pointer. I believe you may be correct! I am using Squirrel
SQL with Phoenix jdbc client library. I will write my own client code using
the jdbc library to pull back the values and see what I get.

Thanks!

Matt

*From:* Gabriel Reid [mailto:gabriel.reid@gmail.com]
*Sent:* 16 April 2015 20:09
*To:* user@phoenix.apache.org
*Subject:* Re: Timezones in Phoenix

Hi Matt,

How are you viewing the timestamps (or in other words, how are you
verifying that they're not in GMT)?

The reason I ask is because internally in Phoenix, timestamps are used
without a timezone (they're just based on a long, as you've saved in your
table). However, the java.sql.Timestamp's string representation shows a
timestamp in the local timezone of the client. I expect that this string
formatting in j.s.Timestamp is what you're encountering. If so, it's not
due to anything in Phoenix; instead, it's the way the JDBC api works.

- Gabriel

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:09 PM Matthew Johnson <matt.johnson@algomi.com>