From PERNOLLET Martin <martin.pernollet-...@sgcib.com>
Subject RE: Socket timeout while counting number of rows of a table
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:03:12 GMT
Hi,

Yes, there is a hbase-site.xml file in the bin directory of phoenix with those settings :

bash-4.1$ pwd
/usr/hdp/current/phoenix-client/bin
bash-4.1$ cat hbase-site.xml | grep -C2 phoenix

    <property>
      <name>phoenix.query.keepAliveMs</name>
      <value>600000</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>phoenix.query.timeoutMs</name>
      <value>7200000</value>
    </property>

There is the same configuration for HBase, but if it is useless I presume it is not a problem
to have it defined.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas D'Silva [mailto:tdsilva@salesforce.com]
Sent: Thursday 9 April 2015 20:14
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Socket timeout while counting number of rows of a table

The phoenix.query.timeoutMs property should be set on the
hbase-site.xml of the client (in the phoenix/bin) directory, not the
server hbase-site.xml. See
https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix/wiki/Tuning .  Did you try just
setting it on the client side config before starting sqlline and
running the query?

Thanks,
Thomas