From Matthew Johnson <matt.john...@algomi.com>
Subject Timezones in Phoenix
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:08:35 GMT
Hi all,

I have a bunch of millisecond timestamps stored in HBase as Long values. I
have a Phoenix view that reads these values as an UNSIGNED_DATE. Now that
the clocks have gone forwards, the Phoenix driver has automatically applied
the timezone change and as a result all of my Long values are being
converted an hour off. Is there a way to set the timezone in Phoenix so
that it will read the longs to dates as GMT+0000 (since this is what the
millisecond values represent).

Or, should I create a new view and create it to return an UNSIGNED_LONG,
and then use the ‘to_date’ function and pass in a timezone? This is less
convenient as it would mean using the function everywhere where we have
queries, but is an option.

Thanks,

Matt