Ravi, thanks.
If the target table is salted, do I need to compute the leading byte (as i understand, its a hash value) in the mapper?

On Sunday, March 1, 2015, Ravi Kiran <maghamravikiran@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Krishna,

 I assume you have already taken a look at the example here http://phoenix.apache.org/phoenix_mr.html

> Is there a need to compute hash byte in the MR job?
   Can you please elaborate a bit more on what hash byte is ?

> Are keys and values stored in BytesWritable before doing a "context.write(...)" in the mapper?
 The Key-values from a mapper to reducer are the usual Writable/WritableComparable instances and you can definitely write BytesWritable .

Regards
Ravi

Could someone comment of following questions regarding the usage of PhoenixOutputFormat in a standalone MR job: