Thanks for your response, Maryann!

Again, this suggestion is for 4.3 only, right?

On Mar 25, 2015 12:34 PM, "Maryann Xue" <maryann.xue@gmail.com> wrote:
Actually we do in 4.3, but apparently not in an efficient way. If no equi conditions are specified, Phoenix simply does cross join and applies a post filter to the cross joined results. And we do not support non-equi conditions in ON clause, so non-equi outer join is currently impossible. But if you are doing inner joins, you can adjust your query as:

SELECT * FROM T1, T2 WHERE T1.COL1 >= T2.COL2 AND T1.COL1 <= T2.COL3;