Hi guys,

This is more of a general question than a problem – but I’m just wondering if someone can clarify for me what the syntax rules are for hints in Phoenix. Does it matter where in the query they go? Do they always go something like SELECT <insert hint> x from y? Or, if the hint is for a join (eg Sort Merge) does it go in the join part (SELECT x from y inner join <insert hint> z on j = k)?

Couldn’t seem to find anything specific on this in the docs, and haven’t worked much with database hints in general so maybe there is a convention that I am not aware of – apologies if it’s a stupid question!

Cheers,

Matt