From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to parse an integer from HBase which is upserted through Phoenix
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:48:46 GMT
This is not a simple task today, although much of the plumbing is there. On
the rendering side, HBase shell has the concept of a formatter for
rendering data. This combined with the DataType API should allow you to
wire in appropriate rendering. On the write side, I don't think the shell
has a way to override the serialization used for creating byte[]'s. I don't
know off the top of my head how you would insert Phoenix's DataTypes into
that code path.

Maybe you can give the rendering it a spin and let us know how it goes?

-n