From Vamsi Krishna <vamsi.attl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to drop SYSTEM.SEQUENCE table to reduce the no. of salt buckets for this table
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 21:17:38 GMT
James,

We tried the following steps:
1) Dropped SYSTEM.SEQUENCE table from base
1.1) disable 'SYSTEM.SEQUENCE'
1.2) drop 'SYSTEM.SEQUENCE'
2) Deleted SYSTEM.SEQUENCE meta-data from phoenix system tables
(SYSTEM.CATALOG, SYSTEM.STATS)
2.1) delete from SYSTEM.CATALOG where table_name = 'SEQUENCE' and
table_schem = 'SYSTEM';
2.2) delete from SYSTEM.STATS where physical_name like '%SYSTEM.SEQUENCE%'
or region_name like '%SYSTEM.SEQUENCE%';
3) Set phoenix.sequence.saltBuckets property to 1
4) Restarted all region servers and master server

Observations:
1. After Master & Region servers are restarted and the client is
reconnected I see SYSTEM.SEQUENCE table is re-created in HBase, but not in
Phoenix. Do I need to manually insert the SYSTEM.SEQUENCE table meta-data
in SYSTEM.CATALOG table?
2. When I list HDFS folder '/apps/hbase/data/data/default/SYSTEM.SEQUENCE',
I see it again created 256 regions.

Am I missing any steps above?

Thanks,
Vamsi Attluri.