From Ryan Desmond <ry...@concurrentinc.com>
Subject EMR Bootstrap failing
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 18:47:25 GMT
Hello Phoenix users,

I noticed that the CLI command for EMR is outdated and, at least for me,
not working. The bootstrap action fails. I'm referencing this page,
http://phoenix.apache.org/phoenix_on_emr.html.

I'm also unable to view the file using the following command,
"aws s3 cp
s3://beta.elasticmapreduce/bootstrap-actions/phoenix/install-phoenix-bootstrap.sh
."

I recieve:
"A client error (403) occurred when calling the HeadObject operation:
Forbidden"

Also, regarding the EMR CLI command, you may want to consider using the
updated CLI syntax and ensuring the file is accessible and up to date. ie,

aws emr create-cluster --name "Phoenix Test Cluster" --ami-version 3.3
--applications Name=HBase --use-default-roles --ec2-attributes
KeyName=[KEY] --instance-type c1.xlarge --instance-count 3
--bootstrap-action Path="s3://beta.elasticmapreduce/bootstrap-
actions/phoenix/install-phoenix-bootstrap.sh",Name="Phoenix Bootstrap"

Best Regards,
Ryan

--
Ryan Desmond