From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Cluster Down: No jar path specified for org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LocalIndexSplitter
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 01:26:21 GMT
@James: Could you point me to a place where i can find tar file of
Phoenix-4.0.0-incubating release? All the links on this page are broken:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/phoenix/

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 5:04 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried to disable the table but since none of the RS are coming up.
> I am unable to do it. Am i missing something?
> On the server side, we were using the "4.0.0-incubating". It seems like my
> only option is to upgrade the server to 4.1.  At-least, the HBase cluster
> to be UP. I just want my cluster to come and then i will disable the table
> that has a Phoenix view.
> What would be the possible side effects of using Phoenix 4.1 with
> HDP2.1.5.
> Even after updating to Phoenix4.1, if the problem is not fixed. What is
> the next alternative?
>

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Anil,
>>
>> HDP-2.1.5 ships with Phoenix [0]. Are you using the version shipped, or
>> trying out a newer version? As James says, the upgrade must be servers
>> first, then client. Also, Phoenix versions tend to be picky about their
>> underlying HBase version.
>>
>> You can also try altering the now-broken phoenix tables via HBase shell,
>> removing the phoenix coprocessor. I've tried this in the past with other
>> coprocessor-loading woes and had mixed results. Try: disable table, alter
>> table, enable table. There's still sharp edges around coprocessor-based
>> deployment.
>>
>> Keep us posted, and sorry for the mess.
>>
>> -n
>>
>> [0]:
>> http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.7/bk_releasenotes_hdp_2.1/content/ch_relnotes-hdp-2.1.5-product.html
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 4:34 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately, we ran out of luck on this one because we are not running
>>> the latest version of HBase. This property was introduced recently:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13044 :(
>>> Thanks, Vladimir.

ABORTING region server bigdatabox.com,60020,1423589420136: The coprocessor org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LocalIndexSplitter
threw an unexpected exception
Source)

in the cluster until we fix it.

up. Can anyone suggest me how can i bail out of this BAD situation.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta